He’s asked me out again. The first date was great, and I am excited for tonight. Nothing to fussy, I want to be comfortable and focus on getting to know this guy. Here’s how to do it, and make it look easy:
From top left…
1. J. Crew Navy Blue Schoolboy Blazer: Such a staple, this is an easy choice for this fall weather we’re easing into and is not the least bit bulky.
2. Mark & Graham Vertical Brass Bar Necklace: Wear a piece of jewelry you enjoy, but nothing trendy. Show your style. Mine has an L.
3. Everlane Silk Blouse: These shirts are incredibly subtle. He will notice this nice feminine touch when your blazer takes a break.
4. Ann Mashburn Brindle Leather Cuff: This chestnut leather cuff is unexpected and perfect.
5. Tila March Romy Clutch: The pop of color is great with this look. This clutch is bigger than you think, and holds more than everything you need for the night.
6. Burberry Woven Cashmere Gauze Check Scarf in Blossom: The best part about fall. And the gray is so fresh.
7. Rosebud Perfume Co. Salve: Highly addictive. And amazing. Better than sticky gloss, just in case of a kiss.
8. J Brand Indigo Sateen High Rise Maria Skinny Jeans in Atmosphere: The high rise on these J Brand jeans is modern and flattering. The stretch in the Maria cut is forgiving enough for dessert.
9. Manolo Blahnik Shimmer Patent High-Heel Pump Bordeaux: If you don’t have a pair of Monolos, it is time to treat yourself. Perfectly appropriate at work, and totally sexy with these skinnies.
10. Tom Ford Bitter Bitch Nail Lacquer: Ah, dark nail polish, how I’ve missed you. While pricier than our drug store staples, you get what you pay for here. My bottle will be empty come February.
11. Jo Malone French Lime Blossom Cologne: My everyday. I know he will notice, and it will keep him close.