With Fall arriving, and the temperatures (finally) starting to drop, it’s time to transition closets to more weather-friendly options. For me, Fall is my favorite time of year. Not only is it college football season, but the humidity disappears, and ‘outdoor life’ becomes much more conducive.
Fall is the sweet spot for Ball and Buck. They have a focus on colder weather gear that is conducive to being outside, hunting, and campfires. Their catalogs have a feel of cold morning dew, a brisk breeze, and early morning gunpowder. The good thing about the Ball and Buck value proposition is that their pieces are transitional. Of course it all works well for outdoor life, but it is transitional. The majority can be worn in a business casual environment, on a date, or hanging out on the weekend. Here are my picks this Fall:
From top Left:
1 The Striped Hunter’s Shirt: The Hunter’s Shirt is what got Ball and Buck going. They knock this one out of the park, with the special attention given to the shooter’s shoulder. Wash, hang dry, and iron. Never dry clean.
2. The Navy Blue Commando Sweater: One of the coolest pieces offered from Ball and Buck, this is the go-to sweater for Fall and Winter. It’s an adult version of a Patagonia Snap-T that can be worn in the field, or at the office.
3. Original Camo Duck Cotton Hat: Let’s not over complicate things – this is a cool camo hat.
4. The Upland Jacket 2.0:
5. Unlined Deerskin Gloves: The glove market is either a heavy pair of work gloves, or an expensive pair of custom fit dress/driving gloves. These deerskin gloves are right in the middle.
6. 6-point Duck Cotton Pants: I have a pair of these and love them. The fit is straight, allowing room to fit over boots, but not so baggy that they don’t work with loafers.
7. Randolph USA X Ball and Buck Hunter’s Sunglasses: American made sunglasses that work when lining up a shot, or commuting to the office.
8. Premium 1″ Leather Belt: Your basic belt, made with good leather. Snap closure so you can add a buckle if you like.
9. Buck X Ball and Buck Folding Pocket Knife: The old Buck knife with a combo blade. A must for any EDC, just leave it at home if you are heading to the airport.
10. Rancourt X Ball and Buck Bit Loafers: Another great collaboration with Rancourt yields a GREAT pair of bit loafers that have the quality and build you know from Rancourt, and the flare from Ball and Buck.
11. The Blind Bag: You can never have too many tote bags.
12: Russell Moccasin Co X Ball and Buck Signature PH Boots: These boots are made for walkin’…
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for the American Field event in Atlanta November 12-13 at Ponce City Market…more on this later…
**This is the first of a few ‘Shopping Fall’ pieces you’ll see over the next few weeks.