On to the next gift guide…Charleston was fun, but it’s time to move on down the road.
For gift guide #2, we’re heading to New Orleans, where the party is a way of life. The food is good, the music is even better, and everyone has a drink in hand (or both). These gifts are for the life of the party, or for the host:
From top left:
1 ‘Playboy’s Host & Bar Book’: Mrs. RCS gave this to me when we first started dating. I know my wife can throw a party, and I’ve heard that Playboy knows how to throw a shindig as well. Not necessarily together, but you get it.
2. Res Ipsa Kilim Loafers: Party shoes for a more refined, stylish guy. Pair these with jeans and a blue blazer and he’ll be ready to kick it.
3. Needlepoint Flask from Smathers & Branson: For the guy who likes to pregame…he can pack some heat and get a head start. The needlepoint gives it a little character. Be cheeky.
4. Antique Punch Bowl: Every good party has a signature drink. Here’s an opportunity to serve up some serious punch in a really cool vessel. Imagine drinking a Hurricane out of this bad boy?
5. Vintage Liquor Artwork: For the guy that appreciates the old advertising prints. The art you collect should be a good reflection of your life, and these liquor themed prints are a great gift for a party host.
6. Brooks Brothers Fun Shirt: It’s purple. It’s gingham. It’s seersucker. Sounds like a party to me…tucked in or untucked, this one shows up first and is the last to leave.
7. Patek Philippe Nautilus Watch: If you rock this bad boy (call this my ‘dream watch’), then you are ready to party anywhere, anytime. Another option is a cool vintage party Swatch. Don’t be too fashionably late…
8. Drake’s Pocket Square: A bright pocket square with a bunch of women’s high heels printed says ‘party’ to me. I really like the whimsical feel of this one. Don’t fold it up, and don’t take it too seriously.
9. Persol PO3194s Sunglasses: A cool Carrera style from Persol, who is known for their Italian style. These are a dressed up version of some older racing glasses, but they work great for us regular folks who go the speed limit.
10. La Matera Lago Carrera Belt: Waist flair is a must, and La Matera makes some super cool belts that are a nod to Argentinian polo players. They aren’t too flashy, but you’ll get some attention.
11. Tecovas Dillon Cowboy Boots: Want to make an entrance to a party? How about some caiman alligator boots? Those that need to notice, will.
12. Ledbury Linlaw Sport Coat: Being a big sport coat guy, I rarely attend a party without wearing one. I do like exploding jackets…and they are very socially appropriate without being LOUD. Think of it as a party jacket.
13 Vintage Polished Silver Bar Cart: Bar carts are actually pretty addictive – you can’t buy just one. And having a good place to display your bottles (and great glass wear) is a rite of passage for being an adult.
14. ‘The Big Chill’ Soundtrack Album: Easy to find on Spotify, but vinyl is clutch. Want to get a party going, try this album. Everyone knows the words to every song…
15. Sonos Play:5: …and if you want the whole neighborhood to sing along, blast it through the Play:5. This is the biggest Sonos offers, and it packs a serious punch. Hard to imagine you’d ever need any more.
16. Vintage Stag Handled Bar Tools: Vintage bar tools are the go-to gift for a host. You can never have too many, and the stag handles make them very masculine and timeless.
Party people – what did I miss?
Please support our partners: