With Independence Day right around the corner, let’s celebrate some of the brands that are made right here in the USA. There is usually a premium attached, with makes some things cost prohibitive. However, there is a sense of pride when when wearing goods that are made in the USA. American craftsmanship is second to none, and supporting the home team just feels good. And props to the companies that do it right. Tip of the hat to y’all.
So happy Independence Day, folks. Here’s to the red, white, and blue:
From top Left:
1. Randolph Engineering Aviator II Sunglasses: Excellent sunglasses out of Boston. As worn by Don Draper and most pilots. Hard to beat.
2. Gitman Brothers Short Sleeve Navy Seersucker Shirt: Shirts out of Ashland, PA… Is there anything cooler than solid seersucker? I have a feeling that this would get quite a bit of wear in both casual and more dressy situations.
3. Colonel Littleton #5 Cinch Belt in American Alligator: Leather goods out of Lynnville, TN. I can’t say enough about these great folks. The Colonel does outstanding work, and this alligator cinch belt is at the top of the heap.
4. Dandux Coal Bag: Heavy duty canvas out of Maryland. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better deal on a large tote like this. We use ours all the time, whether at the grocery store or as a beach bag.
5. Raleigh Denim Natural Jones Fit Jeans: Some of North Carolina’s finest. Great jeans that fit really well right of the gate.
6. Buck Knives 110: The same brand of knife that your dad and granddad carried. Made in Idaho, these knifes are built for the long haul, and they really do keep a sharp edge.
7. Ball and Buck Anglers Shirt 2.0: The fine folks at Ball and Buck do such a good job of producing incredibly cool gear. Known for their Hunter’s shirt, don’t sleep on their Anglers shirt.
8. Orvis Bamboo Fly Rod: For the really hardcore fly fisherman, these rods made in Vermont are for the purist. Tight lines, folks.
9. J. Press Striped Dress Shirt: The New Haven, CT company that puts the trad in traditional.
10. Oak Street Bootmakers Calico Suede Camp Mocs: Some of the finest shoes made in America. Loafers, mocs, boots, and tassels in some excellent leather options.
11. Topo Designs Dog Leash: Really cool gear out of Denver. Their bags are late 80’s colorful and cool, and extremely functional. Don’t forget about man’s best friend.
12. O’Connell’s Long Sleeve Madras Shirt: Long sleeve madras is a power play, especially when it’s the Indian madras and made it the USA. This will look good tucked in with #5 or untucked with a great pair of shorts.
13. Pelican 45 Quart Rolling Cooler: Pelican is absolutely as tough as nails. Pelican gear is what I use to transport my shotguns safely across the country, so keeping beer cold shouldn’t be that tough.
Who did I miss?