Being that I’m going to be a father in a few weeks, doing this post was a bit different this year. I’ve always enjoyed finding just the right gift for my dad, as well as for my father in law. They are both GREAT Americans, and always appreciate a good gift, as well as time with their offspring. I’ll always suggest tickets to a Braves game, 18 holes, or an afternoon fishing with your old man as a go-to gift, as it provides the best gift you can give: time.
Beyond that, it’s nice to give something your dad would appreciate. This is what I’ve got my eye on this year:
From top left:
1. Drake’s Circle Motif Tie: I know giving ties is a bit trite, but a professional power tie is a much stronger move than some cartoon motif that he’ll never wear.
2. Suunto Spartan HR Watch: The idea of ‘getting your steps in’ has become a denominator, but go above and beyond with a Suunto. Not only will it count your steps, but this thing will basically fly you to the moon.
3. Colonel Littleton #28 Pocket Journal: He will take note in style with this leather cover. The branded leather makes it very unique, and will develop a handsome patina.
4. Stitch Golf Headcover Set: Sure, woods come with headcovers, but they all look like they are covered in NASCAR advertising. Upgrade his set to a refined set from Stitch.
5. Smathers & Branson ‘Eat A Peach’ Luggage Tag: Not only will this luggage tag make his bag stand out, it will put him in the ‘cool dad’ category. Call my buddies at Miller Brothers to get hooked up.
6. Redfish Brand Brass Flounder Belt Buckle: Considering your dad’s fraternity nickname was in fact ‘Flounder’, here’s a way to celebrate in a refined way.
7. Smathers & Branson Braves Cooperstown Belt: A cool way to show support for your dad’s home team without having to get all technical.
8. Sterling Silver Tarpon Money Clip: Your dad has emptied his wallet on you for years. Here’s a cool way to pay him back.
9. Onward Reserve Pace Bit Loafers: Your mother will appreciate these bit loafers as much as anyone. Her date will be the best looking guy in the room.
10. ASW Glencairn Water Jug and Glasses: A very refined way to enjoy some spirits, not to mention an upgrade on the bar cart.
11. Sea Island Forge Fire Kettle: A nice center piece to gather the family around. The kettle is just the beginning…Sea Island Forge has all sorts of accessories for this bad boy.
12. Yeti Hopper Two 30: The ultimate vacation companion. It’s perfect for him to pack for the beach, the lake, the boat, or the park.
13. Ball and Buck X Dickies Toolmaker’s Apron: Since your dad has made grilling his art, outfit him in an apron appropriate for the master chef.
14. Orvis Croquet Set: Lawn games. Is there really anything better?