When I hear ‘America style’, I think about a home-team feel. The red, white, and blue isn’t something we should celebrate on Independence Day, but something to celebrate any day we can. Now, I get it: we as the writer and readers of Red Clay Soul do. I really like that pride in America has never waned, and that we like to show off our home colors in all aspects of life. The America style has become an everyday theme.
I keep a couple rules: personally, I stay away from wearing American-flag themed shorts and pants, as well as American flag shoes and sandals. Out of respect for the flag, I have a personal aversion to sitting on the flag, or stepping on it. I know a lot of you do, and I’m fine with that – it’s a personal preference, like drinking pulp-free OJ.
Given that July 4th is just around the corner, it’s a good time to restock. Here is some new stuff that fits with the everyday theme that we all appreciate:
From top left:
1. Orvis Americana Hat: Start at the top. And Orvis is at the top.
2. ‘Flags of Our Fathers’ Needlepoint Belt from Smathers & Branson: Being that I’m a history nut, I like celebrating our past, and this belt is definitely a conversation starter.
3. Hudson Sutler Old Glory Commuter Duffel: Hudson Sutler does a GREAT job with their duffles, and their commuter is the perfect size for the gym or a one-nighter. They just released Old Glory, and she lines right up.
4. Patriot Visor from Imperial: This visor is reminiscent of the old 1984 LA Olympics logo…which is so great.
5. Ball and Buck America Hunters Shirt: I love the Ball and Buck Hunters Shirts. It’s like bringing your favorite dress shirt out to the field. This is my version of an ironic America tank top. How about showing off some stars and bars next time you are burning some gunpowder?
6. USA Headcover from Stitch Golf: I am completely moving away from NASCAR-level head covers, and moving to more subtle, better looking options. Stitch has my complete attention, and this USA themed driver head cover is next level.
7. La Matera Trucha Belt: More waist flare, that you’ll find yourself wearing all the time.
8. G/FORE Golf Glove: Have you gotten on board with G/FORE gloves yet? They cost a little more than the normal Titleist or Footjoy, but they last twice as long. Now you can design your own…the possibilities are limitless.
9. Penley T-Shirt from Onward Reserve: Onward has an excellent collection of Penley t-shirts, and most of them have a patriotic theme. His Old Glory shirt is glorious.
10. Ping Hoofer USA Golf Bag: Go big or go home, right? I use a Hoofer and love it. This bad boy will show them which Ryder Cup team you play for…
What did I miss? What are your go-to America-themed items?