Ahh…wintertime. It’s not the most comfortable season. Most of us Southerners hate cold weather, and these two or three months of frigid temperatures present a bit of a challenge when dressing the part. As it is, layering is key, while still staying comfortable and stylish. For style, East Dane is one of my go-to’s for good lookin’ winter gear. They carry so many great brands – and carry the good stuff from each. Here’s how I would do it right from East Dane‘s corner of the Interwebs:
From top left:
1. Rag & Bone Landon Shawl Collar Cardigan Sweater: I have this sweater, and lovingly refer to it as my ‘Mr. Rogers sweater’. The shawl collar gives it a fashion-forward look, while giving the back of your neck a little protection.
2. Gant Rugger Windblown Flannel Shirt: We can’t wear flannel that long down South, but it’s one of my favorite fabrics. Wash it, give it about 10 minutes in the dryer, and hang dry…maybe a quick ironing so it keeps it shape. It’ll get softer the more you wear it.
3. Billy Reid Peak Lapel Pea Coat: Pea coats are touch and go, but Billy Reid knocked it out of the park with his. It fits like a trim overcoat, and is offered in more colors than the typical Navy blue. This one in Heather Green is a thing of beauty.
4. Norse Projects Twisted Yarn Scarf: Don’t laugh at scarves. They provide more function than you think.
5. Naked & Famous Weird Guy Selvedge Jeans: Wintertime calls for dark jeans. Get some good, thick selvedge denim and you’ll be good to go.
6. Wolverine 1000 Mile Mile Montague Chelsea Boots: When sporting the Mr. Rogers sweater, you need to pair it with some snazzy kicks. Chelesa boots are like sports cars for your feet…sleek.
7. Panterella Danvers 5×3 Rib Socks: Yes, socks are OK this time of year.
8. Billykirk 1″ Roller Ball Belt: I’ve really gotten in to the 1″ belts lately. They aren’t so bulky like those old thick Abercrombie jobs.
9. Persol Classic Round Sunglasses: I lean towards the thicker, more substantial sunglasses in the wintertime. Persol has, and still continues to do it right, even with their classic models.
10. Fox Umbrellas Stick Blackwatch Tartan Umbrella: The one thing you always forget. Instead of grabbing the giant Titleist golf umbrella, choose something with a little more class. Function doesn’t have to be so industrial…it can be a Blackwatch tartan.