I really like how some standard brands are really making headway in the #menswear arena. One of those is Orvis. The typical thought around Orvis was formally only for hunting, fishing, and good leather goods. While that is still the case, a walk around their store or flipping through their catalog shows their expansion to all facets of life, and not only in menswear, but for the ladies as well. Orvis is a brand that is associated with trust, and has become a standard in my closet.
With Spring in full swing, here’s the action going on at Orvis to keep you looking good and feeling cool:
From top left:
1. Offshore Pima Cotton Polo: I’m really into this really soft and washed pima cotton. It is extremely comfortable and the stitched collar gives it a dressed-up look. Pair this with #7 and you are ready for some serious patio action.
2. Havana Linen Short-Sleeved Shirt: I use these shirts for any time I’m around a body of water. I put it on top of a swimsuit (#8) and fasten as few buttons as possible. Maybe it’s a little Miami Vice, but I don’t care. I’m all about comfort and functionality when I’m on the beach – or more specifically at the beachside bar. No shirt no service.
3. Long-Sleeved Pure Linen Shirt: Let’s keep the linen thing going…a long sleeve linen dress shirt should be a staple in any man’s wardrobe. The texture and colors are perfect for this time of year. Pair this with a pair of khakis (#9) and date night becomes really breezy.
4. drirelease Long-Sleeved Zipneck Casting Shirt: While these are built for fishing, they work just as well as a utility shirt. I wear these to work out, or as something to throw on over a pair of shorts (#10) for eggs and toast at breakfast. Do not pair these with athletic shorts unless you are working out. Ever.
5. Persol Havana Keyhole Slim Sunglasses: Always have a pair of sunglasses ready between sunrise and sunset and don’t ever skimp on shades.
6. Waxed Cotton Sailing Belt: There are a lot of good leather or needlepoint options available, but why not go with something really unique? This Navy blue sailing belt will go with everything, and give a little kick to your outfit.
7. Delave Linen Shorts: If you can’t tell, I’m big on linen this Spring. They are extremely comfortable, and perfect for this time of year. They breath nicely and have a good texturized look. Don’t worry too much about the wrinkles; you can take some time with a warm iron to smooth them out a bit.
8. Swim Trunks: Basic, bright, and the perfect inseam. Everything you need in the right pair of swim trunks…along with a nice price point.
9. Ultimate Trim Fit Khakis: Orvis has done a huge amount of work to get their khakis just right…and then they released a trim fit version. Check and mate.
10. Signature Twill Cotton Shorts: I don’t think anyone has better washes than Orvis. They did Surfwashed a while back, and have expanded since. They gave their signature twills a nice wash this year, putting these Poppy shorts at the top of the list.
11. Encounter Wading Jacket: It’s going to rain this Spring, so be prepared…and where else would you go for outerwear?
12. Indestructible Field Watch: How about a watch that works in every situation? Dates, the lake, or hitting the course…you’ll always know what time it is…
13. Sebago Kedge Tie Moccasins: You’ll need some kickers that will finish off every outfit, from work on the patio, the beachside bar, date night, or a breakfast stop. These drivers hit all the right notes.
14. Travel Cooler: Springtime and coolers go together like, well, springtime and coolers. Always have one handy…and this one is on serious sale…
What are you digging from Orvis?