Moving right along…the Red Clay Soul gift guide for the Country guy. These guys love the outdoors, guns, fishing, and dogs, but appreciate the finer side of ‘dirt under the fingernails’. We all know these guys, so instead of getting them another box of shells, go outside the box for something they’ll enjoy longer than the end of duck season:
1. State Traditions Waxed Cotton Hat: A cool look and functional as well. It’ll keep your head dry in the rain or snow, while showing your state allegiance.
2. Bryn Parry Coffee Mugs: A great gift for the guy that can’t get enough time in the duck blind. These mugs will be a great reminder of that lovely space with his morning coffee.
3. Costa Del Mar Seapoint Sunglasses: For the guys who have graduated from the green and blue Costa lenses to something a little more grown up. As you all know, Costa’s can’t be beat when it comes to any sort of outdoor activities, and these Seapoints fit the bill. Give ’em a spin…
4. Bradley Gordon Painting: Oxford, Mississippi’s own Bradley Gordon has a very unique and handsome way of capturing the outdoors. Hang some artwork that highlights your passion.
5. Smathers & Branson Southern Sportsman Needlepoint Belt: This is essentially a customized belt for anyone in the South. Spring for the monogram and you are in Business with a capitol B.
6. Southern Proper X Wm. Lamb & Son Field Flannel Button Down: The best flannels are the old vintage jobs that you find in the back of your dad’s closet. For something off-the-rack, Southern Proper knocked it out of the park with these button downs. Thick and soft, but cut just right. This one will get wear for many seasons to come.
7. Stubbs & Wootton “Flight” Slippers: Are ‘go to hell’ slippers such a thing? Maybe not…as these are like a slice of heaven. Perfect footwear for drinking something single barreled.
8. Orvis UV Buff: The one thing you forget ALL THE TIME. There’s nothing worse than a roasted neck after a day of fishing on the flats. Since you always forget sunscreen as it is, stock up on these bad boys and keep one in your car, one in your bag, and an extra one for good measure.
9. Williams Knife Co. Coosawhatchie Hunting Knife: You can’t have enough knives, but why collect a bunch of junk? This Coosawatchie is straight outta Charleston, and fits the bill to a T.
10. Dubarry Kildare Boots: Maybe it’s time to retire those Georgia Boots or Red Wing Pecos for something new. These Kildare’s from Dubarry are outstanding: lightweight, Gore Tex, and extremely comfortable…they’re good to go all day long. No, you don’t have to tuck your jeans…
11. Orvis Wool & Cashmere Millbrook Foul Weather Cardigan: A utilitarian jacket that doubles as a sweater and triples as your significant other’s favorite thing in your closet. You can bring this sweater everywhere, whether it’s on the shooting range, the woodpile, or out to dinner. You’ll be the coolest, and the warmest, guy in the room.
12. Martin Dingman Rudyard Fly Wallet: Flies are delicate creatures, so house them accordingly. Martin Dingman makes a nice fly house.
13. Atlantic Drift On the Fly Visor: I’m really digging the idea of a dark visor so it’ll show the faded out, sweat-stained, sun-faded scars by the end of next Summer.
14. Beretta Silver Pigeon: Go big or go home, right? This is the kind of gift that will be generational; passed down from Father to son, and then passed again, hopefully with quite a few shots in-between.