I hope you are all spending quite a bit of time on the water this summer. It’s hot as the dickens down there, and Mrs. RCS and I have been spending quite a bit of time floating. Guys – there are quite a few swimsuits out there, so let’s shine a little light on what’s good:
From top left:
1. Onward Reserve Atlantic Gingham Swimsuit: Onward Reserve’s brand has expanded beyond golf shirts, folks. Their trunks are just like you remember: good fit, shorter inseam, and a quick-dry fabric that doesn’t look like quick-dry fabric.
2. Southern Marsh Seawash Shoals Trunks: Personally, I like the washed-out look. These remind me of the old OP swimsuits I used to wear as a kid. These work in town as well, just throw on a polo.
3. Patagonia Baggies: The best shorts you can buy. They are good for everything. You can’t own enough pairs. I believe I have five pairs. Anything other than 5″ inseam is a waste of money.
4. Southern Marsh Tie Dye Trunks: I’m always looking for reasons to wear tie dye. These from Southern Marsh do the trick. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
5. Strong Boalt Bamboo Board Shorts: Strong Boalt board shorts have a GREAT fit, and the designs are very Palm Beach/Alys Beach. I wear them all the time.
6. Solid & Stripe Classic LAS Brisas Trunks: I like stripes, and I like short inseams. I came to know this company from East Dane, and I like what I see.
7. Katin Stanley Hybrid Trunks: Katin does great work, and while these may be a little long, the styling is just right.
8. Vilebrequin V-Fish Trunks: The top of the heap…Vilebreqin does great work. They have updated their fits, and offer some less critter-friendly designs. Good stuff.
What’s your go-to swimsuit?