Moving on to the next gift guide is about just that – moving on. These gifts are for the traveler…whether world traveler or state to state, this list has you covered. Remember that you are on the road or in the air, what you pack and what you pack it in need to be good quality – these are experiences that only happen once (maybe twice). Buy well, and travel well.
From top left:
1. Ledbury Grey Huxley Sport Coat: Rule number one. Always travel with a sport coat. Use it like a work coat – plenty of pockets to stow your stuff as you go through security.
2. Fujifilm X100S Digital Camera: You need to document your travels. Mental snapshots aren’t enough.
3. BillyKirk No. 153 Passport Wallet: One out of every three trips that require air travel should also require a passport. There is so much culture in the world… So get that passport some padding.
4. New Balance 1300 Grey / Navy Shoes: Long days of walking require a good pair of shoes. You can’t beat New Balance, but keep the colors subdued. You don’t want to look like a neon glow stick walking through the airport.
5. Randolph Engineering Avitor IIs: This should go without saying, but a good pair of sunglasses is essential for travel. Buy classic, and buy American. Oh, and these RE’s are green. Envy.
6. Brooks Brothers Slim Fit Must-Iron OCBD: For some reason, non-iron is getting way too much play. They never soften up, and they never look just right. Instead, splurge on the must-iron OCBDs, and wash/dry liberally. They’ll soften up over time and be more comfortable than a t-shirt.
7. Ghurka Cavalier II No. 97 Navy Twill Duffle Bag: You will be judged by your luggage. Go big or go home. Wait… And never check it.
8. Hudson Suttler Tahoe Dopp Kit: Good thick canvas and easy access to the must haves. Perfect size so you aren’t tempted to pack more than 3 oz.
9. Barbour Fieldmarshall Jacket: For those days when you take off from Atlanta at 55 degrees, and land in New York at 35 degrees. Prepare accordingly.
10. APC New Standard Jeans: A good pair of rigid jeans like these will wear in nicely…and become yours and yours alone. Consider them like a stamped passport.
11. Oak Street Bootmakers Naural Trench Boots: And when the New Balances won’t work, travel well with a pair of boots…the kind that look great with a pair of jeans and a sport coat.
12. Parrot Zik Wireless Headphones: Anyone who has ever flown on a plane knows exactly what these are for.