Memorial Day weekend is upon us…since a large clip of commuters have taken PTO today, traffic should be light, or at least until it’s time to head out of town for the weekend. Memorial Day in our house is going to involve a lot of pool time and grilling with friends, all with a nod to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice defending our great nation. With that theme in mind, here’s how I plan on doing it:
From top left:
1. State Traditions Traditional America Visor: Extensive hours in the sun will require some sort of face protection. I have a friend who is a dermatologist, and she will insist.
2. An Incredible Koozie: Serious business here. Have a koozie handy that no one will mistake as theirs.
3. Bald Head Blues Jersey Polo: Look good for dinner…a comfortable polo in appropriate colors.
4. Criquet White Pique Polo: Good for lounging on Sunday and Monday…comfortable, classic, and cool.
5. The Ole Trusty T-shirt: You’ll need this for emergency trips to the gas station for extra ice. Nothing kills a cooler like low ice.
6. Old Glory Deluxe Folding Lawn Chair with Beverage Holders: Don’t get caught playing musical chairs…bring your own.
7. Smathers & Branson Flags of Our Fathers Needlepoint Belt: An awesome new addition to their Spring lineup…how cool is this? What a great way to show respect to the symbol(s) of our great nation.
8. Southern Proper Seersucker Shorts: Pair these with the Criquet polo…like daytime pajamas.
9. State Traditions America Swim Trunks: These are about as cool as it gets…whether lounging at the pool or doing a cannonball off the diving board.
10. J. Crew Stanton 7″ Shorts: Yes, J.Crew still makes 7″ shorts. Which keeps them on my radar.
11. Yeti Hopper 30 Cooler: I’m a big fan of Yeti, but have a hard time understanding how their hard shell coolers make sense for everyday pool/lake use…no wheels, somewhat uncomfortable to carry…clearly they heard me. The soft cooler with a shoulder strap fits the bill.
12. Star Spangled Spatula: Grilling. Period.
13. Havianas Flip Flops: Good for the pool/lake…at this price point, you won’t care if one flies out of the boat or the dog mistakes it for a chew toy.
14. Hari Mari Scout Flip Flops: And something a little nicer. Keep these away from your dog.
15. Filson Medium Dry Duffle: For those traveling, you have to pack in something, and this duffle from Filson will keep your gear dry when your idiot friends throw you in the lake.