I am beyond excited. For those of you that follow Red Clay Soul on Instagram, you know that my future bride-to-be and I are heading south in a couple weeks to a remote island in the Caribbean to get married and enjoy our honeymoon. Being the ultra-organized people we are, we have started to talk about packing. Now, packing for a honeymoon is basically like packing for a beach trip, but the culture down there is pretty European, so we have to give it some thought. Beyond some of the basics, here is some stuff I’m planning on hauling down with me:
From top left:
1. State Traditions Georgia Traditional Hat: There will be lots of sun, so I’ll need a hat. My goal is to fade the bright yellow out quite a bit so my bride-to-be can wear it to Tech games.
2. Jack Robie FEC Red Bengal Stripe Popover: It’s funny how I don’t wear polos that much, instead opting for oxfords with rolled sleeves. A popover is making the trip with me. No doubt about it.
3. Persol 714 Sunglasses: Got to have some great shades…especially some with polarized lenses.
4. Strong Boalt Hybrid Shorts: These are workhorses. Do some swimming, so some sunning, and do some exploring. Check.
5. Sid Mashburn Flap Pocket Liberty Sport Shirt: Got to have something nice for dinner.
6. Criquet White Player’s Shirt: You can’t to the beach – any beach – without a white polo. It goes with anything…let’s call this the utility player.
7. Otis + Eleanor Navy Bongo Speaker: Even though we are remote, the hotel has free WiFi, so we’ll be Spotify-ing it up. We’re looking forward to educating the travelers on some Saturday Night Gold.
8. Sid Mashburn Green Canvas Shorts: More shorts…and these are bulletproof. They’ll be dressy at the beginning of the week, and perfect for bumming around towards the end.
9. Martin Dingman Julian American Alligator Belt: A belt that goes with anything…it’s nice to have a little bit of Louisiana anywhere you go.
10. Incotex White Chinolino Pants: I don’t know what it is about white at the beach, but I like a lot of it.
11. A Good Book (or two): Catch up on some fiction, no matter what year it was published. I’ve got a stack that I’m looking forward to reading.
12. Southern Proper White Club Shorts: Again, I don’t know what it is about white at the beach…maybe it make me look more tan…or maybe the perfect inseam on the Southern Proper shorts is just what the doctor ordered…
13. Res Ipsa #23 Wool Loafers: A little flare for the trip. They only get better with age.
14. Boast Solid Pique Bright Blue Polo: Something to go with all those white bottoms.
15. Chubbies Go Your Own Way Shorts: There’s always room for Chubbies.
16. Havaianas Flip Flops: Well, this should go without saying…customized…