So you’ve got a date this weekend. Your taking your main squeeze out for a nice night, just the two of you. Let’s call it a ‘jacket required’ type of night. Not necessarily a formal occasion, but the type of night when sporting a nice jacket isn’t out of place. Drinks at 7, and supper at 8. Here’s how to do it, guys:
Clockwise from top left:
1. Kiton Silk Pocket Square: Never let a jacket pocket go naked. Add a punch of color.
2. Sid Mashburn Garment Dyed Sport Jacket: Casual summer jackets like this have become more and more commonplace in the last couple of years. Keep it up, but buy the right size. Too big and it will look like a lab coat.
3. Westward Leaning No.4 Teddy Rosevelt Sunglasses: The sun doesn’t set until around 9PM, so plan accordingly. Squinting ain’t cool.
4. Ledbury ‘Matthews’ Slim-fit Dress Shirt: A subtle check is exactly what you need. Iron this bad boy until it’s ready to rock. No starch, though.
5. Martin Dingman Clayton Loafers: A girl’s dad will tell her to ‘check out his shoes’ to see if he knows what he’s doing. Wear some good ones, but nix the socks.
6. Epaulet Walt Slim Irish Linen Trousers: Linen is tough to pull off. It is imperative to wear the right size in a slimmer cut. Cuff them (1.75″ – 2″ preferred) with minimal break.
7. Daniel Wellington Classic Cambridge Watch: Something simple with a cool band will suffice. These from Daniel Wellington are understated and classic. Just what the doctor ordered.
8. Allen Edmonds Manistee Belt: The belt should match the shoes, but also say something about your style. Let it run.
And for the ladies (I got some help on this one)…here’s a look that you will be comfortable in and that he can’t get enough of:
Clockwise from top left:
1. Allyn Scura Clear Sunglasses: These are available over at Ann Mashburn; make sure to keep these in your clutch, so you can enjoy cocktails on the patio.
2. Diane Von Furstenberg Noralie Dress: Classic and so chic. This DVF smock hugs your curves, but doesn’t give it all away. The bling is attached. How convenient.
3. Gold Knot Studs from Steven Alan: Funky version of my favorite gold studs. Perfect.
4. Marc Jacobs Karlie Clutch: Adds a fun bit of color to this look, and is actually large enough to be useful.
5. Stuart Weitzman Idbaton Goosebump Pumps: These gorgeous peep toes are sexy and practical. Your feet will thank you for leaving the platforms at home.
6. Laura Mercier Lip Glacé: Bonbon is a perfect shade of peachy red for a summer lip. And it’s not too sticky!
7. Vintage Gold Rolex: Dad is letting me borrow it as he is out of town. I know this watch works.
8. French Lime Blossom Cologne from Jo Malone: Her entire line is fresh and meant for layering. Be bold. This favorite will keep your guy close.