First, mood music:
Square watches. They don’t get enough play. Gone are the days when these used to be some Mr. Wizard calculator on a rubber band. Instead, there are some good options for the guys that aren’t a round hole (that want a square peg – pardon the pun). A square watch isn’t for everyone. Do they look great with short sleeves? Absolutely. Do they look good with a tux? Absolutely. It’s not about the watch. It’s more about the attitude.
(clockwise from top left)
1. Panerai PAM505: I can’t say enough about Panerai. More on this later…
2. Tag Heuer Monaco: How about that blue face? Not flashy, tasteful. Don’t fret – this one will be an heirloom piece that your son/grandson/nephew will pine over as soon as he figures it out.
3. Braun Analog Square: An awesome cost-conscious option that can be a part of any man’s rotation.
4. Hamilton Square Jazzmaster: Hamilton does good work. They hit the nail on the head with this jazzmaster.
5. Bell & Ross BR03-94: The jazziest of the bunch – it looks like a spaceship.
6. Cartier Santos Dumont: Another heirloom piece – the one that may not be an everyday watch…wait – why not?