Our Big Green Egg has been getting some good use this Fall. There are quite a few great recipes online, particularly on the Egg Head Forum. So, in honor of the Dawgs playing in the SEC Championship tomorrow night, here’s one for you – Georgia Red Hot Wings:
4 Lbs of Chicken Wings (jointed)
1 Cup soy sauce
3/4 Cup water
1/2 Cup Texas Pete Hot Sauce
1/2 Cup lemon juice
1 1/4 Cup Hot & Spicy V8 Juice
1. Cut the wings at the joints (discarding the tips).
2. Combine marinade ingredients in a large container with a lid. Place all the wings in the container making sure they are all covered with marinade.
3. Let the wings marinate in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 2-4 hours).
4. Grill over indirect heat at about 325 degrees for 15-30 minutes on each side. If grilling direct, monitor carefully and turn every 10 minutes.
We personally like ours crispy, so we cook them for about 45 minutes on the Egg, turning once.
6. Turn wings in Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce to taste (hint – don’t use too much…just enough to make them ‘wet’) and serve with blue cheese dressing.
We love ’em…let me know what you think…and GO DAWGS!