Spring is near, folks. Time to take stock of your closet and get the winter stuff ready for hibernation. While it’s been a mild winter, it’s still been cold. Winter has actually been a drag.
This year I’d like to add some good basics to my rotations. By good, I mean items that are basics, but with a little something extra. A cool blue blazer. A trout buckle. Good textures and stripes. More Res Ipsa loafers (you can never have enough). Here’s what I’ve got my eye on as we head into March:
From Top Left:
1. Onward Reserve Loro Piana Summertime Blazer: Get moving on those lighter blazers. We’re creeping towards those days where layers will be a must. This lighter blazer is a great ‘star of the show’. Pair it with jeans, chinos, or these #10 5-pockets and you are in business.
2. Flood Time Pinch Hitter Tech Hat: Time to re-hat for Spring 2020. A tan tech hat should look great after a few months of wear. It’s all about the patina…
3. Peter Millar Summertime Chambray Shirt: More structured than linen, but still a ‘casual’ dress shirt. Avoid the iron. Let it flow.
4. Billy Reid Pullover: A viable pullover for chilly mornings or evenings.
5. Orvis Pro Insulated Vest: Probably my favorite new vest. I have the black one, but this brighter version is just what the doctor ordered for this Spring.
6. Brooks Brothers Supima Pique OCBD: An alternative to the standard OCBD. Its added texture adds immediate interest.
7. Peter Millar Woven Belt: Jordan Speith-esque. Good for the office or the course.
8. Onward Reserve Sterling Silver Trout Buckle: One of the coolest new accessories on the market. This buckle is the perfect size, fitting a 1″ belt. Dressy, but still casual.
9. Barbour Flyweight Chelsea Quilted Jacket: Of course most associate Barbour with waxed coats. Don’t sleep on their quilted jackets. They a fantastic early Spring alternative to a blazer, when layers are needed.
10. Duck Head 1865 5-pocket Field Canvas Pants: Lymestone is the perfect shade for early Spring. A great, more versatile version of the ‘white jeans’. They go with everything, and the fit is perfect.
11. Free Fly Breeze Pants: Casual action for the weekend, or the boat.
12. Oak Street Bootmakers Natural Bit Loafers: The kind of loafers that look better with age. The chromexcel will patina like a dream, and the bits dress them up.
13. Res Ipsa African Mudcloth Loafers: Res Ipsa can do no wrong. These might be the perfect spring loafers.
14. J. Press White Pinpoint OCBD: You should add a new white shirt every year. This becomes your go-to dress shirt, and previous year options become weekend casual.
15. New Balance 990v5: Get ready for Dead & Company’s summer tour. Go-to.
What has your attention this year?