A lot of my winter stuff is starting to make it’s way to storage. Almost all of my heavy flannel shirts are packed away, along with scarves, gloves, and heavy coats. We are entering into layering season, and it’s time to bring the brighter colors out of hibernation. It isn’t hot yet, but it’s warming up. Here’s what to look out for over the next couple months:
From top left:
1. KP MacLane Crewneck Sweater: The latest release from the great folks at KP MacLane. It’s an extremely soft cotton sweater that acts as the perfect layer for early Spring. She may borrow this one from you…quite a bit.
2. Ledbury Reid Gingham Shirt: Ahh…the spring checks. Ledbury does it right with the brighter blue and green gingham.
3. Allen Edmonds Lake Shore Drive Tassel Loafers: Now is the perfect time of year to get a good pair of loafers that will last through fall. Get some miles on them early so they don’t look brand new when you sport these #sanssocks.
4. Red’s Outfitters Campbell Sunglasses: A great pair of tortoise glasses in that classic wayfarer style never go out of style.
5. Martin Dingman Joseph Alligator Credit Card Case: I’m a huge proponent of the front pocket wallet, and this one is excellent. The alligator gives it an upper-crust style, and it won’t give you a bulge.
6. Billy Reid Organic Cotton Socks: If you have to wear socks, get some good ones.
7. Levis 501 Jeans: Levi’s has been doing great work with their washed and dyed denim. This lighter grey option is a great transition from the tans and darker blues that you’ve been sporting all winter long.
8. Jack Spade Harrington Waxed Cotton Jacket: A diet version of a Barbour; Jack Spade’s Harrington is almost like a letter jacket – the shorter cut and the waxed cotton will protect you from the Spring showers in style.
9. “Hearts on Fire” by the Dirty Guv’nahs: Spring is as much about mood as anything else, and the new album from Knoxville’s finest is just what the doctor ordered.
10. Southern Session Blonde Ale from Jekyll Brewery: Start enjoying the lighter beers at your next party at the moon tower in lieu of those darker ones you’ve been downing all winter.
11. Smathers & Branson Chain Link Needlepoint Eyeglasses Case: A good collapsable eyeglasses case is a necessity for storing your glasses when the sun goes down. You wouldn’t want those lenses scratched…
12. Franklin Professional Marbled Bocce Set: Yes, you play games, but you mean business. Enjoy this classy alternative to corn hole.
13. Tory Leather Hoofpick Belt:We’ve all got the brass version, but Tory’s recent nickel release will give any outfit an upgrade.