This is my first Father’s Day as a dad, and it is a cool feeling. Being a dad is extremely rewarding – in ways that I never imagined. Not only has it made our family extremely close, watching #HJS grow up and develop with our guidance is rewarding.
Now when I think about gifts for Father’s Day, it has a different perspective. I used to think it was a freebie gift day, but now I know it has more meaning. Dads work hard, and there’s nothing wrong with a little reward. This year’s gift guide focuses on cool gifts for any type of dad. Gifts that keep his life fulfilled, as his parenting is mostly relegated to maintenance staff (thanks Mom). Here is a foolproof list of Father’s Day gifts that just about any dad would be proud to receive:
From top left:
1 Aviate Trucker Hat: A great way to upgrade headwear in a summer-friendly way. Not only that, he can show off a little hometown pride.
2. Bridgestone Tiger Woods Golf Balls: I truly believe it’s impossible to have too many golf balls, and the best golf balls are gift golf balls…it doesn’t hurt as bad when they go sailing into the woods.
3. Apple Airpods: For the guys who have finally figured out that the huge ‘noise reducer’ headphones are over.
4. Pelican Traveler Cup: Upgrade to a 32 ounce version. It’ll handle the long haul, at almost double the capacity.
5. Framed Osprey Audubon Print: Great for his office – the original fish hawk. Another option is framing some artwork from your kid…which does give it that special meaning.
6. Upland Birds Decanter Set: For the dad that likes a night cap.
7. Martin Dingman Matte Alligator Bifold Wallet: Eventually you hit a point where you can carry a wallet that’s worth more than the cash you carry.
8. Dinner at Marcel: And I literally mean dinner at Atlanta’s Marcel. Not from here? Well, it’s worth the trip. One of the best restaurant experiences, from a cocktail at the bar, a New York strip to die for, and a dessert to put you to bed. A serious meal for a seriously deserving dad.
9. Orvis Helios3 4wt Rod: This is a cool way to spoil your dad: the 4wt is the rod that’ll handle 70-80% of fishing: whether it be river/stream, warm water for bass and bream, or light backwater fishing. …and the Helio3 rod casts like a dream…
10. Randolph Sportsman Aviator Sunglasses: Aviators make everyone look cool. Sportsman sunglasses look tough, and cool.
11. Holderness & Bourne Byers Duffle Bag: For the dad that likes to grab 18 after a morning in the office. This is the perfect duffle, as there is ample room for a change of clothes, as well as a separate shoe compartment for his spikes.
12. Redfish Brand Mobile Bay Engraved Buckle: For the dad who appreciates something personalized. This square buckle from Redfish Brand is a unique look, different from the engined turned options that are pretty common.
13. Cliff’s Bugger Beast Fly Box: The beast of fly boxes… takes your kids to Orvis and let them talk to the guys and fill it up with flies for Dad.
14. Vintage Album: There is nothing like rock and roll on vinyl. Adding a few records to his collection is a great gift for the music-loving dad.
15. ‘A Man & His Watch’: The most interesting coffee table book on the market. Probably the most read as well.
16. Colonel Littleton #18 Portfolio in American Buffalo: This is the best portfolio, and a great gift for any dad who likes to stay organized. If your dad makes any sort of list, this is for him. The buffalo leather will age beautifully.