Fall is just around the corner, folks. We’re finally able to put away all the shorts and polos in favor of boots and vests. Darker colors and layers dominate the Fall arsenal. This year, let’s up our game a little. Stick to the fundamentals of fit and style, but let’s up the quality on our Fall additions. Here are some items that will last you the next few Falls:
From top left:
1. Onward Reserve Patch Trucker Hat: You can put all those white hats in your closet…time to break out some darker options for the colder months. Onward just released these retro patch truckers, and they look GREAT.
2. Randolph Engineering Sportsman Sunglasses:
3. Tom Beckbe Kinsman Vest: We aren’t to heavy jacket weather, but some early mornings and cool evenings call for a vest. Leave the #midtownuniform at the office and upgrade to the Beckbe option.
4. State Traditions State Letters Hat: A really cool idea from the guys who started it all…the state hats are in just the right colors. Show ’em where you’re from.
5. Gitman Vintage Oxford Shirt: Let me be honest: get a new blue oxford shirt every season. I prefer to stay away from non-irons as they look a little ‘slick’. Gitman Vintage produces some of the best oxfords on the market.
6. Levi’s Timberwolf 501 Jeans: The most versatile color that Levi’s offers. These are like Lays potato chips: you can’t have just one (pair), because they go with everything, and are very affordable.
7. Hoof Pick Belt: A Fall ‘dress belt’ with some substance. And at this price point, how can you say no?
8. Ledbury Herrick Heather Plaid Shirt: No pastels any more, guys. Get something dark and bold.
9. Luminox 3059.SET Watch: I know, you’ve all got a ‘good watch’, but adding something a little more rough and tumble is a good move, especially for the weekends chasing birds. Don’t shoot shotguns wearing a Rolex!
10. Ariat OTC Boot Socks: I’m picky about sock when they most be worn, and I always go for over-the-calf when wearing boots. The Ariat socks are worth it, especially if you are wearing those boots all day long.
11. Matthias Kaupermann Repp Needlepoint Belt: Very seasonal appropriate, and in the Spanish moss and blaze color theme is great for the field and for date night. This gives you a chance to show off that monogrammed sterling belt buckle.
12. Raleigh Denim Jones Raw Jeans: A good pair of dark jeans is a must for the colder months. They are broken in and faded out once Spring rolls around the corner…
13. Links Crew Sock: Again. Picky about socks. I don’t like bright/neon/funny socks. I like classy dress socks.
14. Fisher and Baker Kensington Shell Jacket: Here in the South, it’s always a good idea to have a light jacket in the Fall, either for warmth or for those pop up showers. Upgrade to the adult version of a shell jacket.
15. Tecovas Cole Caiman Boots: Boot season is here, and these exotics are ready to rock out of the box. Affordable dress boots? Give these bad boys a try. Keep them polished…
16. RM Williams Sydney Suede Boots: I double-dog dare you to find a cooler version of Chelsea boots.
What’s got your attention heading into Fall?