Atlanta folks: The good people at Ball and Buck are hosting a Happy Hour party on Wednesday evening from 5-8PM at their Pop Up shop at 56 East Andrews Drive (next to Souper Jenny). The company founder will be on site to mix and mingle… Come on by and check out the goods, get some shopping done, and have a drink or two. All in good fun. See you on Wednesday!
I couldn’t let my husband tell you what to buy your lady. But I figured I could tell you. These are my favorite things- things I own and love and come back to all the time, and a few new things that I am coveting and hoping to see on that very Merry morning. Of course if all else fails, and you’ve waited until the 24th to shop, please remember that Diamonds Are Forever.
From Top Left:
1. Aviate ATL Hat: I regularly rock this cap as I pound pavement, from Jackson to Mobile to Nashville and everywhere between. These guys have a whole range of caps representing most everywhere you love with a simple airport code. So clever!
2. Le Creuset Signature Round Wide Dutch Oven with Gold Knob: If your honey doesn’t already have one (or two) of these kitchen staples, this is a must buy. If she loves to cook, this is not a “blender” kind of purchase, I promise you will not be in the dog house.
3. Botticelli Open Bangle with Moonstones by Julie Vos: We always need new bangles and baubles and Julie Vos does not disappoint. This is my choice, but her collections have something for any woman with a sharp eye for classic sparkle.
4. Tiffany & Co. T-Clip Ballpoint Pen: This may seem a bit over the top, but I have one and love.
5. Leather Bag Tag in Chestnut by Cuyana: My keys are drawn to the bottom of every bag I ever throw them into. I attached my keys to this little guy and boom, found them. Also, very good looking on a weekender bag or your everyday tote/briefcase/purse.
6. BKR in “Boss”: Obsessed with these, and I think everyone else should be/will be too. I use mine from last year almost everyday. I am adding a second to my lineup and the name of this color fits my mood.
7. Deerskin Fringe Clutch from Very Fine South: Yes. Yes. Yes. Fringe may be having a moment, but this silhouette is effortless and chic, and will be a favorite for years to come.
8. Crew Chief II Sunglasses by Randolph Engineering: An updated aviator for your co-pilot.
9. Turkish Hydro Cotton Bathrobe by Mark and Graham: I’ve been known to spend a couple of lazy hours on Saturday morning in mine. This pretty is plush and warm enough to keep the chilly air away when I run Frank out in the early morning. Big fan.
10. Eva Stud Earrings by Jean Dousset: If you want to win Christmas, these will get you there. And not just these, all diamonds are good diamonds!
11. Copper Mugs from Williams Sonoma: Moscow Mules, anyone? I have held out on splurging on these bar staples for years. But, if I’m honest, I’m going to continue making and drinking frothy beverages, so it’s time to get some. I like that these are smooth and perfect. Just like my Moscow Mules.
12. Parties! by Barefoot Contessa: My copy has grown legs somewhere between our last few moves. This is at the very top of my list because I love to host and no one does it like Ina. AND, Ina will sign it for you if you order direct from Barefoot Contessa. It’s almost like you’re friends.
13. Panorama Blanket by Kit & Ace: This is for snuggling on Sundays, bundling up on chilly flights, or wrapping up a chic outfit. It’s sure to be a magnet for Frank’s hair, but is so worth it.
14. Jo Malone French Lime Blossom Cologne: I love that I can layer Jo Malone scents depending on my mood. This is my everyday scent. What’s hers?
15. A Time to Celebrate by James Farmer III: James has done it again! We have just started cooking and drinking, and reading and laughing our way through his newest collection of memories, menus and recipes. This book will warm her heart! (I’ve added his Coconut Cake to my own Christmas Eve supper menu, and can not wait!)
The good folks at Atlantic Drift sent me one of their new Pamlico pullovers to give it a run. With the temperatures dropping here in Atlanta, it is prime time for a pullover option.
Now, if you read the description on their website, the pullover is perfect for “fall fishing, early morning boat rides, or rainy days on the golf course”. I opted for choice three. It wasn’t raining on the golf course, but it was chilly. I really liked the way the Pamlico played – it is unique from a lot of other, similar pullover quarter zips. The weight of the pullover is a little heavier than most. This is not a summer fishing shirt; I have a feeling you’d burn up. I also like how the sleeves and the waist are open. This doesn’t restrict my swing or my turn. I gave the front a quick frat-tuck and we were good to go.
The fit is actually really nice. They recommend sizing down, but I elected to stay with a Medium (my normal size). The Pamlico isn’t by any means bulky. It has a relatively trim fit, but is not NOT skinny. I was wearing a golf shirt underneath and it fit just right.
Two more things to close out: first, the guys I was playing with loved the logo. It’s a little different than most of the pullovers out there, which is nice. Second, the Pamlico will not improve your golf game. I can personally attest.
On to number three…The Spy Who Loved Me, gifts for the executive pseudo-spy. This was a fun Bond movie, full of 70’s excess; including the Lotus Esprit that turned into a submarine. Roger Moore did a great job, as he always did during his stint as 007, as the uppity secret agent that never lost control. This is one of the best Sunday afternoon Bond movies in the collection.
Back to the gift guide. Think about your favorite executive: smart, organized, great hair…this is what you get this guy. Lots of good options that are all very Bond-esque. They seem to go hand in hand, right?
From Top Left:
1. Ghurka Gentleman’s Umbrella: Better than the typical golf umbrella, get something that has a little more class, and a leather handle. The last think you need is wet hair, ’cause it just don’t look right.
2. Res Ipsa Black Suede Formal Loafers: Everyone wears the lace up patent leather jobs with their penguin suit…stand out from the crowd. These suede loafers from Res Ipsa not only look outstanding, but they turn you into an incredible dancer.
3. Ralph Lauren Black Label Cream Dinner Jacket: Bond does it, and if he can pull it off, so can you.
4. Lanvin Wool & Leather Gloves: Gloves are funny – the one thing that you almost never buy for yourself, and only remember you need them when it’s too late. Yes, we all have a pair of work gloves, but those just won’t do. Pull the trigger on something sophisticated. Like you.
5. Ben Silver Scottish Pound Cufflinks: You can look at this from a couple different perspectives. Bond is Scottish, and/or dragons are extremely intimidating. Use situational ethics when telling these cuff links’ story.
6. Brass Fox Letter Opener: Remember the game ‘Clue’? This seems more like a weapon than it does desk decor. Get this HR approved before bringing it into the office.
7. IM Corona Double Matte Black Lighter: For the cigar smoker. If the cigar costs more than your lunch are we OK then? You need something to light it…plus, fire is cool.
8. SOG Multi-Tool: This is a problem solver that should be in every man’s desk. Imagine the possibilities.
9. Caran D’ache Black Ballpoint Pen: You can’t beat these pens. The more the merrier. Blow their minds and replace the black ink with BLUE.
10. Omega Seamaster Nato: A special edition watch for a special movie (Spectre).
11. Brunetto Cucinelli Birdseye Knit Cashmere Tie: You have so many cashmere sweaters, you need to expand. Expansion is key in a bull market. Go for the necktie.
12. Tortoise Shell Picture Frame: Show off the picture of your family in an anti-leather masculine frame. See, you really do have a heart.
13. Oak Street Bootmakers Double-Sole Lakeshore Boots: You know, for casual Friday.
14. Barbour International Duke Jacket: A very sleek look for the guy at the top. You already have a Beaufort or a Bedale in your closet, but this one is more of the “sports car” of the lot.
15. Johnstons of Elgin Cashmere Turtleneck: One thing that is always true: don’t mess with a man in a charcoal cashmere turtleneck. Period.
Ball and Buck has opened up a pop up shop in Buckhead at 56 East Andrews Drive. I stopped by the other day to poke around…it was my first time being hands-on with their stuff, and I left very impressed. Such attention to detail, and a very authentic feel. You could almost smell the gunpowder.
They are hosting a party tonight at their Atlanta shop from 4-8PM to celebrate the opening…stop by for a bit. There will be some libations and bites, and good company. Here’s a look around:
Good things happen when Hudson Sutler and Streaker Sports hook up. See below:
The Placid Weekender hits the nail on the head…well done, folks. Get it quick, this one will fly off like a Bald Eagle.
Apologies for looking like a Costa ad…but hey, if the shoe fits… This weather makes me mentally plan my next vacation.
Images: Google Image Search